Choosing the correct CICS TG Resource Adapter to deploy in WebSphere Application Server
Which CICS TG Resource Adapter should I use with my version of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and my version of CICS Transaction Gateway (CICS TG)?
The resource adapter required to connect WAS and CICS TG depends on the versions of each product in use. The following table explains which RAR to select.
Note: The table below indicates compatibility between versions and does not imply support where the product has reached its end of support date. Lifecycle dates for CICS TG product are listed on the IBM Support Lifecycle pages.
Updated versions of these adapters up to CICS TG V9.0 can be found in SupportPac CC03 and are recommended for use wherever applicable. From CICS TG V9.1 the resource adapters are available in the CICS TG SDK.
WebSphere CICS TG Resource Adapter (RAR)
8.5 9.2 9.2
8.5 9.1 9.1
8.5 9.0 9.0
8.5 8.1 8.1
8.5 8.0 8.0
8.0 9.2 9.2
8.0 9.1 9.1
8.0 9.0 9.0
8.0 8.1 8.1
8.0 8.0 8.0
7.0 9.2 8.0 (remote mode only)
7.0 9.1 8.0 (remote mode only)
7.0 9.0 8.0 (remote mode only)
7.0 8.1 8.0 (remote mode only)
7.0 8.0 8.0
- You cannot use a resource adapter with a higher version number to connect to a lower version of CICS TG. So, for example, you could not deploy the v9.2 resource adapter in WebSphere to connect to CICS TG v8.0.
- On distributed platforms CICS TG v8.1 and later can run in local mode when WAS is using 64-bit JVM if only IPIC connections to CICS are configured .Earlier versions of CICS TG must be configured in remote mode if WAS is using a 64-bit JVM. CICS TG can run in local or remote modes when WAS is using a 32-bit JVM.
- On z/OS:
- In remote mode;
- CICS TG v8 and later resource adapters can run in WAS using either a 31-bit or 64-bit JVM. On z/OS.
- In local mode;
- CICS TG v8.0 to v9.1 resource adapters can run in WAS using either a 31-bit or 64-bit JVM.
- CICS TG v9.2 and later resource adapters can run in WAS using only a 64-bit JVM.
- In remote mode;
- The JCA versions supported by WebSphere and CICS TG resource adapters must match. The table above takes this into account.
- You must use a resource adapter which matches your CICS TG platform. For example, if you have CICS TG for Multiplatforms, you cannot connect to it from a CICS TG for z/OS resource adapter.
- Using a resource adapter from an out of support version of CICS TG is not supported.
More support for:
CICS Transaction Gateway
Software version: 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1306754
Modified date: 2016-05-27