MustGather for WebSphere sMash
MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving service requests or Problem Management Records (PMRs). This document contains a list of basic files you should gather so IBM WebSphere sMash Support can diagnose your specific problem.
Gathering this information, even before opening a service request, helps familiarize you with the troubleshooting process and can streamline the time required to resolve the software issue.
Resolving the problem
|Do you want to automate the collection of MustGather data?
When collecting information to send to IBM to support a PMR, gather this information:
For issues with installation:
1. The operating system where the issue occurred.
2. The target installation directory, <install_root> where IBM WebSphere sMash is installed
3. Logs to collect
rte_install.log (if available)
For Linux: /tmp/debug.log
For Windows: c:/tmp/debug.log
Application issue MustGather information
For issues with running applications, provide the following:
1. A description of the problem and recreate steps.
2. A simple sample where possible.
3. A list of the folders under <install_root>/zero-repository
The content of these folders is not required.
This is the directory where the application is installed, for example, <install_root>/apps/<application_name>
<app_root>/javacore * [any java core dumps]
<app_root>/p8trace * [any p8 trace files]
Detailed log and trace
If support requests more detailed logging, two options are available:
1. Create an application specific logging.properties file
- Copy <install_root>/config/logging.properties to <app_root>/config/logging.properties
- Change .level=INFO to .level=FINE in <app_root>/config/logging.properties
2. Specify -loglevel at application start: zero -loglevel=FINE start
If support requests more detailed logging for PHP specific issues:
1. Edit file <app_root>/config/php.ini
2. Change directive error_reporting to a value specified by support,
for example, error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT