Understanding First-failure support technology (FFST) records
What is the best way to determine why a First-failure support technology (FFST) record was created?
How can I determine if the FFST is the result of a known defect, or a user error?
FFST can help you:
- Solve your problem.
- Determine if you need Software Support.
- Determine if no action is required (in the case of an informational FFST).
Examine FFST records
- Examine the time and date of the FFST records; you can have many FFSTs. Focus on the most recent FFST, or the one that is closest to the time of the reported problem or outage.
- Review the FFST and gather:
- Probe Id
- Process name or Program name
- Major error code
- Use this information to search for known defects or problems.
- Search using just the Probe Id search term, for example: XY324192.
- If you get no matches, then you might need to contact the support team for assistance.
- If you get a small number of items found, review the documents to try to find a resolution to your problem.
- If you get a large number of items found, add another search term and repeat the search.
- Add search terms in the order listed above, one at a time. This will help you filter the results, and find a reasonable number of documents to review.
- One search term is likely to return many matching items, which can be too many to review.
- Many search terms will return fewer matching items, which can be too few to provide a resolution.
- Probe Id: XY324192
- Component: GetSubpoolsLock
- Program Name: runmqsc
- Major error code: xecF_E_UNEXPECTED_SYSTEM_RC
Search for problem resolution
- Search using the Probe Id "XY324192"
- Search using the Probe Id and Component "XY324192 GetSubpoolsLock"
- Search using the Probe Id, Component, and Program Name "XY324192 GetSubpoolsLock runmqsc"
Note: Search from the WebSphere MQ Support Portal:
Locating WebSphere MQ FFSTs and Dumps
Refer to the following technote for details on your specific platform on how to find the MQ FFST and/or Dumps files:
More support for:
ABEND / FDC
Software version: 5.3, 6.0, 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, 7.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP NonStop, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, OpenVMS, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1304647
Modified date: 12 June 2013