Import of Rational license keys results in "License key is not for this machine" error
Attempts to import license keys using the IBM Rational License Key Administrator results in the error "These License Keys are not for this machine".
The license keys is generated using the host Ethernet address, but the machine has dual ethernet cards.
Resolving the problem
To resolve the issue, return the license keys and generate new keys by using DISK_SERIAL_NUMBER of the C drive.
- Access to the Rational License Key Center to return the keys
- Click View and Return keys link
- Select the Product
- Tick the license keys to be returned and click the Return button
- Click License Keys > Host Data to verify the DISK_SERIAL_NUMBER in the Rational License Key Administrator
- Place a check in the box for the keys you are regenerating and then click Generate
- Use the host ID as the DISK_SERIAL_NUMBER
More support for:
Rational License Key Server
Software version: 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.1.2
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1304310
Modified date: 2012-06-04