This document contains specific information about applying Domino 6.5.6 Fix Pack 3 on i5/OS.
Lotus Domino 6.5.6 Fix Pack 3 (FP3) for i5/OS is now available to address issues with Lotus Domino 6.5.6 server.
Specific download information can be found in the document, "Download options for Domino 6.5.6 Fix Packs" (#4018989).
The list of new fixes in Lotus Domino 6.5.6 Fix Packs may be found on the Notices page of the Notes/Domino Fix List site.
- Lotus Domino 6.5.6 FP3 requires Domino 6.5.6, Domino 6.5.6 FP1 or Domino 6.5.6 FP2. You can use the DSPSFWRSC command to verify Domino for i5/OS 6.5.6 is installed - Product 5733L65, option 16
- Domino for i5/OS 6.5.6 FP3 is language independent and can be installed on any language version
What do you need to know before installing a Fix Pack
Administrators need to take into account several things when deciding to install a Fix Pack:
- See what fixes are included in each Fix Pack:
- Access previously applied hotfixes
1. Determine whether any hotfixes are currently installed on your system for 6.5.6
- Use the i5/OS CL command: DSPPTF LICPGM(5733L65) RLS(V6R5M6)
- Compare the list of SPRs addressed by the Fix Pack against the SPRs addressed by your hotfixes. In many cases, the Fix Pack will provide the same solutions as the hotfixes. If you have hotfixes that are not in 6.5.6 FP3, the Domino Administrator must assess the relative importance of applied hotfixes versus applying a new Fix Pack. Hotfixes for 6.5.6, 6.5.6 FP1 or 6.5.6 FP2 may not be applied to 6.5.6 FP3.
- In cases where a previous hotfix is not included in a Fix Pack, you need to contact Lotus Support prior to installing 6.5.6 FP3 to request a new hotfix that can be applied on 6.5.6 FP3.
- When it is time to install 6.5.6 FP3, proceed with "Install 6.5.6 Fix Pack 3".
Install 6.5.6 Fix Pack 3 (FP3)
1. Download the fix pack file to your PC and extract the contents. Download links are available from "Download options for Domino 6.5.6 Fix Packs" (#4018989).
2. Follow the instructions in the READ1ST file.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.