If the portal server is configured to use a theme that contains errors, the affected portal pages might not display or might display incorrectly. To avoid this problem, be sure to test and debug a theme before it is used on the portal.
Resolving the problem
If a faulty theme is installed, perform the following procedure to remove it from the system:
1. Stop WebSphere Portal.
2. Delete the subdirectory for the faulty theme. The root directory for themes is located in the WebSphere Application Server directory.
- Windows/Linux: was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/
- i5/OS: portal_server_root_user/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/
3. Start WebSphere Portal.
4. Log in to the portal as administrator.
5. Click Administration.
6. Click Portal User Interface.
7. Click Themes and Skins.
8. Delete the faulty theme.