Attempts to record a script in a double byte characters application with IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT) result in double byte characters being displayed as corrupted.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Record a script with RFT on a double byte character application
- Stop recording and save the script
- Open the script in the script editor in RFT
Expected result: All the double byte characters are displayed correctly.
Actual Result: All the double byte characters are corrupted.
This problem occurs because Eclipse workspace uses Cp1252 encoding by default.
Resolving the problem
You can avoid this problem by changing the Eclipse test file encoding to UTF-8 in RFT as per following steps.
- Open Window > Preferences from RFT menu
- Expand General from the tree branch then select Workspace
- Select Other in the text file encoding section
- Choose UTF-8 from the drop down list
- Click OK