Collecting Data documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs). This top-level document contains links to specific components that problems may be reported against.
Resolving the problem
Collecting problem data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM® Support quickly determine if:
Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Collecting Data: Read First table of contents:
|Gathering general information|
|Individual component Collecting Data documents|
|Submitting Information to IBM Support|
|On-line Self-Help Resources|
|Gathering General Information|
For supported levels of IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center you can use IBM Support Assistant (ISA) to capture general information. Alternatively, you can also manually collect the general information.
Entering general information into an electronically-opened PMR (ESR) eliminates waiting on the phone to provide general information to Level 1 support.
|Links to individual component Collecting Data documents|
The Collecting Data Documents below are broken down by individual TPC components and/or problem scenarios:
- TPC Terminology and Component Overview
- TPC Serviceability Tool
- TPC for Data - Server problems
- TPC Installation Problems
- TPC for Replication
- TPC for Fabric - Topology Viewer Problems
- TPC/HACMP problem determination and data collection
- TPC Performance Monitoring problems
- TPC Database Monitoring problems
- TPC Reporting Problems
- TCR/Cognos Reporting problems
- TPC Agent problems
- TPC SRA Install and Run-Time problems
- TPC Fabric Switch/Zoning problems
- TPC/WebSphere/eWAS problems
- TPC LSI/Engenio CIMOM problems
- TPC/DB2 problems
- TPC GUI problems
- TPC VMWare Hypervisor Problems
- TPC LDAP/Authentication Problems
- Jazz for Service Management (JazzSM) Problems
|Submitting Information to IBM Support|
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic Collecting Data data to IBM.
-If using ESR, update the PMR to indicate that data has been sent.
The owning engineer will automatically be notified of the upload when this process is followed.
|Online Self-Help Resources|
- Review up-to-date product information:
- Version 5.1:
- Version 4.2.2 and prior:
- Use the IBM Electronic Service Request Tool to access the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Support team when requiring assistance from IBM.
- Use the IBM Support Portal website (replaces the IBM Software Toolbar). The IBM Support Portal is a unified, customizable view of all technical support tools and information for all IBM systems, software, and services. It succeeds all legacy IBM technical support sites, including the IBM Software Toolbar.
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Basic Edition||Not Applicable||AIX, Linux, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008||Version Independent||Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk||AIX, Linux, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008||Version Independent||Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||IBM TotalStorage Productivity Center for Fabric||Not Applicable||AIX, Linux, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008||Version Independent||Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Replication||Not Applicable||AIX, Linux, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008||Version Independent||Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Standard Edition||Not Applicable||AIX, Linux, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008||Version Independent||Edition Independent|
|Storage Virtualization Software||System Storage Productivity Center||Windows 2008||1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4, 220.127.116.11, 1.5||N/A|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk Midrange Edition||AIX, Linux, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008 server|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Productivity Center||AIX, Linux, Windows||5.1, 5.1.1||Edition Independent|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.