How to enable verbose/debug WebApp logging for AppScan Enterprise
How do you enable the verbose or debug WebApp logging option in the IBM Security AppScan Enterprise or IBM Rational Policy Tester?
CAUTION: This logging being enabled can severely affect the WebApp and service performance. Disable it when you do not need it.
DISCLAIMER: This solution contains information about modifying the system registry. Before making any modifications to the Microsoft Registry Editor, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of the existing registry. For more information describing how to back up the registry, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 256986.
To the logging perform the following steps:
- Open the registry editor on the Control Center machine (Start > Run > Regedit)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\AppScanEnterprise\Log
- Change the MsgLogLevel value to:
- 0 for verbose logging
- FFFFFFFF (or 4294967295 in decimal) for debug logging
- Restart the following services:
- IBM Security AppScan Enterprise Alert Service
- IBM Security AppScan Enterprise Agent Service
- IBM Security AppScan Enterprise Server
- IIS Admin Service
The logs will be saved in the <ASE-installation>\Logs folder in log files: Log.txt, Log1.txt, Log2.txt, ....
Where the <ASE-installation> folder is by default: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational ASE\Logs or C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\AppScan Enterprise\Logs.
After the troubleshooting is completed, disable the logging by changing the registry value for MsgLogLevel to " 4", and restart the services.
|Security||Rational Policy Tester||Configuration|
More support for:
IBM Security AppScan Enterprise
Software version: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 8.8, 18.104.22.168, 9.0, 22.214.171.124, 9.0.1, 126.96.36.199, 9.0.2, 188.8.131.52, 9.0.3, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1301982
Modified date: 07 February 2014
Translate this page: