How do you enable the verbose or debug WebApp logging option in the IBM Security AppScan Enterprise or IBM Rational Policy Tester?
DISCLAIMER: This solution contains information about modifying the system registry. Before making any modifications to the Microsoft Registry Editor, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of the existing registry. For more information describing how to back up the registry, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 256986.
CAUTION: This logging being enabled can severely affect the WebApp and service performance. Disable it when you do not need it.
To enable verbose or debug WebApp logging in AppScan Enterprise or Policy Tester, perform the following steps:
- Open the registry editor on the Control Center machine (Start > Run > Regedit)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\AppScanEnterprise\Log
- on 64 bit machines navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\AppScanEnterprise\Log
- for AppScan Enterprise version 8.5 and older, there is one extra step "Rational" in the registry tree as follows ...\IBM\Rational\AppScanEnterprise\...
- Change the MsgLogLevel value to:
- 0 for verbose logging
- FFFFFFFF (or 4294967295 in decimal) for debug logging
- Restart the Rational AppScan Enterprise services (Agent / Alert Service) and the Internet Information Service (IIS)
The logs will be saved in the <ASE-installation>\Logs folder in log files: Log.txt, Log1.txt, Log2.txt, ....
The <ASE-installation> folder is by default: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational ASE\Logs or C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\AppScan Enterprise\Logs.
After the troubleshooting is completed, disable the logging by changing the registry value for MsgLogLevel to "4".
|Security||Rational Policy Tester||Configuration|