How do you enable the verbose or debug WebApp logging option in the IBM Security AppScan Enterprise or IBM Rational Policy Tester?
DISCLAIMER: This solution contains information about modifying the system registry. Before making any modifications to the Microsoft Registry Editor, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of the existing registry. For more information describing how to back up the registry, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986">256986 </a>
CAUTION: This logging being enabled can severely affect the WebApp and service performance.
To enable verbose or debug WebApp logging in AppScan Enterprise or Policy Tester, perform the following steps:
- Open the registry editor on the Control Center machine (Start > Run > Regedit)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\AppScanEnterprise\Log
- on 64 bit machines navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IBM\AppScanEnterprise\Log
- for AppScan Enterprise version 8.5 and older, there is one extra step "Rational" in the registry tree as follows ...\IBM\Rational\AppScanEnterprise\...
- Change the MsgLogLevel value to:
- 0 for verbose logging
- FFFFFFFF (or 4294967295 in decimal) for debug logging
- Restart the Rational AppScan Enterprise services (Agent / Alert Service) and the Internet Information Service (IIS)
The logs will be saved in the <ASE-installation>\Logs folder (by default: C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational ASE\Logs) in log files: Log.txt, Log1.txt...
After the troubleshooting is completed, disable the logging by changing MsgLogLevel to " 4".