The procedure for upgrading to Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint 5.4.4 (DocAve 4.5.2) is different than the normal patch process used in this product. An upgrade tool is required for patching from Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint version 5.4.3 to 5.4.4.
The procedure for upgrading to Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint 5.4.4 (DocAve 4.5.2) is different than the normal patch process used in this product due to the significant enhancements that have been made. For this upgrade, a tool is provided which can be unzipped and run on the DocAve Server machine. It will update the DocAve Server and all Media Servers and DocAve Agents that are pointed to that server. All data under the .../VaultServer directory on the server machine will be preserved in case any problems arise during the upgrade.
Note: Before running the upgrade tool make sure that the VaultServer and VaultClient folders under the DocAve4 installation directory are not set to "Read-only".
The steps for upgrading are:
- If Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint is not at the 5.4.3 level (DocAve 188.8.131.52), use the Patch Manager to apply the 184.108.40.206 server and client patches. (Patch installation instructions are provided in the Control Panel User Guide. This guide is included in the download image provided with the install package. It is also available after Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint has been installed by going to the Help option. The publications are provided in English and Simplified Chinese languages.)
- Download the following file from the ftp support site to the DocAve Server machine.
- Unzip the file and navigate to DocAve41ToDocAve45UpgradeTool.bat.
- Execute the batch file by double-clicking on it. This will cause a Command Prompt window to open up.
- Input the path where Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint is currently installed. (The default path is shown in the window above the prompt.)
- Respond 'y' or 'n' to the license agreement and also to the prompt asking if you want to continue.
- Allow the upgrade to run and hit any key to exit once it indicates that it has successfully completed.
After using the upgrade tool, a patch must be applied to ensure that all future patches use the proper protocol. The steps for updating the patch files are:
- On the DocAve Server machine, navigate to ...\Tivoli\TSM\SharePoint\DocAve4\VaultServer\Tools\ExchangePatchFileTool\bin
- Execute the batch file "ExchangePatchFile.bat".
- This upgrade tool is only needed for upgrading to Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint 5.4.4 (DocAve 4.5.2). Future upgrades are expected to be handled by the Patch Manager.
- Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint license agreement updates were made to reflect the third party component changes resulting from the upgrade to IBM Websphere Application Server Community Edition V2.0. A complete list of third party components that are excluded from the Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint license terms can be found in the notices.txt file in the .../VaultServer/WasCE/license directory.
- This tool upgrades DocAve agents that are associated with the DocAve Server at the time the tool is run, but once the DocAve Server has been upgraded the tool cannot be used to upgrade any agents that are added later. If you want to install additional agents after having run the upgrade tool, the DocAve version 220.127.116.11 agent install package can be found on the IBM Support Web Site.