This document describes the current software and firmware stack recommended for the InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse D5100 for Linux.
The recommendations are based on a philosophy that stability in the InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse takes precedence over functionality and performance. This document provides supplemental information, corrections, and clarifications to the documentation at the IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse download site.
Balanced Warehouse Support strongly recommends that you remain on a recommended software and firmware stack for a Balanced Warehouse environment. If you must deviate from a recommended stack, consult the FAQ about software and firmware upgrades.
For information about past recommended software stacks, consult the version history of the recommended base software stack.
Current Recommended Software and Firmware Stack
Software (Feb 13, 2013)
- 64 bit SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 4 with kernel 126.96.36.199-0.99.1 + patch openssl 8112
patch for SLES 10 SP4 to fix known security issues with OpenSSL. The download page lists a summary of the components that are updated with the patch.
- For a V9.7-based stack:
- InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7.3
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition Version 9.7 Fix Pack 7
- IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms Version 188.8.131.52
- IBM Systems Director 6.2.1
- DS3000 Storage Manager 10.70
- IBM Remote Support Manager for Storage 2.7.2
- DB2 Performance Expert 3.2.3
Fir m ware (Oct 5, 2011)
|Category||Description||Version (D5100 with x3655)||Version (D5100 with x3650)||Version (D5100 with x3650 M2)|
|Networking||Broadcom NetXtreme II firmware update utility||2.1.7a||2.1.7a||2.1.7a|
|Broadcom bnx2 driver||2.0.18 -- (1)||2.0.18 -- (1)||2.0.18 -- (1)|
|Network e1000 driver||184.108.40.206 -- (1)||220.127.116.11 -- (1)||18.104.22.168 -- (1)|
|Network e1000e driver||1.2.17 -- (1)||1.2.17 -- (1)||1.2.17 -- (1)|
|Internal storage||ServeRAID-8k and 8k-l firmware and BIOS||5.2.0(15432)||5.2.0(15432)||N/A|
|ServeRAID 8i,8k,8k-1,8s controller driver||1.1-5(24701)||1.1-5(24701)||N/A|
|ServeRAID-MR10i firmware and BIOS||N/A||N/A||11.0.1-0042|
|SAS/SATA hard disk drive update program||1.04||1.04||1.06|
|External storage||DS3000 controller / NVSRAM||07.35.57.00||07.35.57.00||07.35.57.00|
|QLogic driver||8.03.00.14.10.3-k4 -- (1)||8.03.00.14.10.3-k4 -- (1)||8.03.00.14.10.3-k4 -- (1)|
|Switches||SMC 8848M switch firmware||22.214.171.124||126.96.36.199||188.8.131.52|
|IBM TotalStorage SAN firmware||6.4.1a||6.4.1a||6.4.1a|
|(1) -- These levels of the Broadcom, e1000, e1000e, and QLogic drivers all ship with SLES10 SP4.|
- IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse D5100: Design and Implementation Guide
- 05 refresh (Jan 2010)
- IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse D5100: User Guide
- 03 refresh (Oct 2009)
- IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse D5100: Update Guide
- 02 refresh (June 2010)
To receive e-mail notification of changes to this document, sign up for “My Notifications”:
1. Go to the My Notifications Sign In page:
2. If you have an IBM ID and password, sign in. Otherwise, select Register Now and follow the instructions to create an ID.
3. Select the Subscribe tab.
4. Add the following product:
Software > Information Management > InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse
5. Optionally you can add other hardware and software products in your environment.
6. For each product, customize your subscription information, such as the format and frequency of the notifications and the type of notifications you want to receive.
DB2 for Linux validation
IBM eServer Support: Fix Central
All recommended Balanced Warehouse stacks
Documentation download site
Software and device drivers for DS3400
IBM Smart Analytics System 5600 validated stack
|Information Management||DB2 for Linux- UNIX and Windows||Linux||9.7||Enterprise Server|
IBM Smart Analytics System
InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse
Balanced Configuration Unit (BCU)
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.