This document describes the current software and firmware stack recommended for the InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse D5000 for Linux.
The recommendations are based on a philosophy that stability in the InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse takes precedence over functionality and performance. This document provides supplemental information, corrections, and clarifications to the documentation at the IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse download site.
Balanced Warehouse Support strongly recommends that you remain on a recommended software and firmware stack for a Balanced Warehouse environment. If you must deviate from a recommended stack, consult the FAQ about software and firmware upgrades.
For information about past recommended software stacks, consult the version history of the recommended base software stack.
Current Recommended Software and Firmware Stack
Software (Oct 5, 2011)
- 64 bit SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 4
- For a V9.7-based stack:
- InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7.3
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition Version 9.7 Fix Pack 4 special build 27557. This special build includes four APARs: IC76118, IC76734, IC70133, and IC75324
- IBM Cluster Systems Management V220.127.116.11
- IBM Systems Director 6.2.1
- MegaRAID Storage Manager 2.77
- MegaRAID Command Tool 1.01.39
- DB2 Performance Expert 3.2.3
Firmware (Oct 5, 2011)
|Networking||Broadcom NetXtreme II firmware update utility||2.1.7a|
|Broadcom bnx2 driver||2.0.18 -- (1)|
|Internal storage||ServeRAID-8k and 8k-l firmware and BIOS||5.2.0(15432)|
|ServeRAID 8i,8k,8k-1,8s controller driver||1.1.5(24701)|
|SAS/SATA hard disk drive update program||1.04|
|External storage||IBM ServeRAID-MR10M SAS controller firmware||11.0.1-0033|
|MegaRAID 8480 SAS controller firmware||7.0.1-0075|
|IBM ServeRAID MR10 SAS controller and MegaRAID 8480 SAS controller driver||00.00.04.37-1|
|EXP3000 ESM firmware||1.96|
|Switch||SMC 8848M switch firmware||18.104.22.168|
(1) -- This level of the Broadcom driver ships with SLES10 SP4.
- IBM InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse D5000: Design and Implementation Guide
- 03 refresh (May, 2008)
To receive e-mail notification of changes to this document, sign up for “My Notifications”:
- Go to the My Notifications Sign In page:
- If you have an IBM ID and password, sign in. Otherwise, select Register Now and follow the instructions to create an ID.
- Select the Subscribe tab.
- Add the following product:
Software > Information Management > InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse
- Optionally you can add other hardware and software products in your environment.
- For each product, customize your subscription information, such as the format and frequency of the notifications and the type of notifications you want to receive.
|Information Management||DB2 for Linux- UNIX and Windows||Linux||9.7||Enterprise Server|
IBM Smart Analytics System
InfoSphere Balanced Warehouse
Balanced Configuration Unit (BCU)