IBM Announces zSecure Suite V1.9, including zSecure Audit
On Tuesday, December 12, 2007, IBM announced the availability of the zSecure suite V1.9.
The IBM Tivoli zSecure V1.9 for z/OS suite consists of multiple modular components designed to help you administer your mainframe security server, monitor for threats, audit usage and configurations, and enforce policy compliance.
|The Tivoli zSecure suite is a valuable part of managing mainframe security as a process that helps meet the needs of regulators, auditors, and the business itself. These offerings are the result of a long-term commitment to innovation on the mainframe and to enabling you to improve and simplify mainframe security audit and administration. Through a broad range of offerings, the Tivoli zSecure suite helps you address your key mainframe challenges.
- Audit and compliance:
- Report on questionable system options and dangerous settings of privileged users.
- Measure and verify the effectiveness of mainframe security and security policies.
- User and security administration:
- Centrally manage and provision users, profiles, and resources.
- Constantly monitor crucial users and data for misuse.
- Security risk detection and avoidance:
- Can reduce operational costs and achieve faster incident detection.
- Generate alerts with instant reports about RACF, IBM System Management Facilities (SMF), IBM z/OS, IBM DB2, and the UNIX subsystem.
|Audit, monitoring and compliance components help ease the burden of compliance audits, improve security and incident handling, and increase overall operational effectiveness. Offerings include zAudit.
|Over the past decade, the number of requirements with which organizations must comply has increased dramatically. Keeping up with the demands for audit and controls documentation, while also trying to prevent security breaches, can be overwhelming. The Tivoli zSecure suite delivers auditing, monitoring, and compliance solutions designed to help reduce security exposures.
Tivoli zSecure Audit delivers a mainframe compliance management and audit solution that enables you to quickly analyze and report on mainframe events, and automatically detect security exposures through extensive status auditing. The technology lets you create standard and customized reports, that can be generated in Extensible Markup Language (XML) format, and used in databases and reporting tools. Tivoli zSecure Audit also allows you to send Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) messages to an enterprise management console for policy exceptions or violations that indicate a security breach or weakness.
For additional information please review the Announcement Letter available at the following link and enter the appropriate Letter # from the list below