Collect WebSphere MQ MustGather data to solve security problems on HP OpenVMS
WebSphere MQ is incorrectly allowing or denying access to a user or application, and you need to collect MustGather data to find a solution.
These instructions apply only to WebSphere MQ V6.0 on HP OpenVMS. Refer to the IBM MQ Read First page for instructions on other operating systems:
Resolving the problem
Please answer these questions about the problem and then follow the steps below:
- What security problem did you observe on the system?
- What time did the security problem start and when did it stop?
- Which specific users or applications and queue manager objects are involved?
Step 1: Generate Data
If the security problem is reproducible or is happening right now, generate data to provide more information about the problem:
- Generate a trace of the queue manager when the security problem occurs.
Step 2: Collect Data
- Record the MQ version and maintenance level.
- Record the operating system version and maintenance level.
- Display the user involved in the security problem. For example:
- Display the MQ access control list to the queue manager and the objects involved in the problem. For example:
- Manually package your files for IBM, including files containing the output from the commands listed in Step 1 and 2.
Displaying the user WATSON
$ SHOW USERS WATSON/FULL
Displaying access control lists on queue manager QMA
$ DMPMQAUT -m "QMA" -t QMGR
$ DMPMQAUT -m "QMA" -t QUEUE -n "My.Queue"
Step 3: Send Data to IBM
- Send your data to the IBM ECuRep repository by email to email@example.com, or by standard or secure HTTP or FTP.
- While the data is transferring, send an email or use the IBM Service Request tool to update your PMR with your description of the problem and of the data you are sending.
- Contact your country representative if you need to speak to an IBM technical support representative, or in the US call 1-800-IBM-SERV. Refer to the IBM Software Support Handbook for more information on working with IBM.
WebSphere MQ WMQ
More support for:
Software version: 6.0
Operating system(s): OpenVMS
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1291224
Modified date: 20 May 2014
Translate this page: