What is necessary to record GUI scripts with IBM Rational Robot under Microsoft Windows that uses User Account Control (UAC)?
IBM Rational Robot does not record scripts with enabled UAC. This is a product limitation.
You have two options.
- Disable UAC.
- If you run the Beyond Trust account management tool, grant all privileges and permissions to rtjrn.exe and rtrobo.exe in the <rational test> folder, This folder is the value of the system variable
Consider the following steps to disable UAC.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Search for User Account Control.
- Move the side bar to Never notify; then click OK.
- Verify in that policy User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode is disabled.
- Restart your computer.
Consider the following steps to verify if this policy is disabled (optional).
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
- expand the Local Policies topic group In the Local Security Settings window; then click Security Options.
- Disable the security settings for User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode.
The Beyond Trust Privilege Manager allows standard users to run applications that require administrator privileges with UAC enabled without any prompts. However, the UAC enabled option prevents Rational Robot from recording scripts.