This Technote documents the difference between a connected and disconnected Tivoli Dynamic Workload Broker (TDWB) Common Agent (TCA) installation.
Resolving the problem
TDWB Common Agent installation
- The installer checks the connection to the Tivoli Agent Manager (TAM) and to the TDWB Server (the installation does not start if this connection cannot be established)
- The installer checks that the Tivoli Common Agent is authenticated to the Tivoli Agent Manager (the installation fails if the TCA cannot contact the TAM)
- The TDWB bundles are installed and started (the installation fails if any of these actions failed)
- The installer does not check the connection to the Tivoli Agent Manager and to the TDWB Server
- The installer does not check that the Tivoli Common Agent is authenticated to the Tivoli Agent Manager
- The TDWB bundles are installed and but not started
- The TCA is stopped after the installation
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.