You are having a messaging import or export problem in WebSphere Process Server. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Collect the MustGather information for problems with messaging import and export components in WebSphere Process Server. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps in understanding the problem and saves time when analyzing the data.
Setting the trace setting
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions, see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather/Collect troubleshooting document.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
Required diagnostic information
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Problem description
- Environment description
- Server logs: All files from the following directories:
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant applications
Messaging diagnostic information
- Detailed description of the messaging systems and interaction with WebSphere Process Server
- WebSphere MQ server logs
- Messages that cause problems or are used in testing
IBM Support Assistant
Automated data collectors are available in IBM Support Assistant to improve accuracy of complete data collection. ISA Lite can be used to automate the gathering of the needed log files.
Note: Also gather a detailed problem description, environment description, and other requested materials, such as a project interchange (PI) file, when using ISA Lite.
IBM Support Assistant Lite
IBM Support Assistant Workbench
|A special offering that contains just the data collector component of the IBM Support Assistant Workbench||For a full range of problem solving features, the workbench contains all of the data-collection capability of ISA Lite plus much more!|
Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information
Collect the diagnostic information following these steps:
- Provide a description of the messaging systems that are used for the scenario and the message flow. Include the specific product names and versions of all of the messaging products that are involved. Also, explain how those products interact with WebSphere Process Server by providing details about the messaging resources and the bindings involved.
- Provide the messaging server log files. For the WebSphere MQ server, this section of the WebSphere MQ information center shows the log location.
- Provide a copy of messages that you use for testing or other messages that cause errors. Also provide the names of utilities that you use to work with the messages (such as RFHUtil).
- Collect the general diagnostic information. For instructions, see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in Collect troubleshooting data for WebSphere Process Server Version 6. You can collect the server logs and some of the environment details using ISA Lite.
What to do next
- Review the log files and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you collect to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
For a listing of all technotes, downloads, and educational materials that are specific to WebSphere Process Server , search the WebSphere Process Server support page.