How to import floating license keys manually on a Rational license server on UNIX and Linux
How do you apply a permanent or a temporary license key on an IBM Rational Licensing FLEXlm license server on UNIX and Linux without using the license_setup or license_check scripts?
You would like to understand the procedure to know the various steps involved in deploying license keys manually for maintenance and updating purposes
Note: Syntax in the license.dat file will vary based on whether it is a permanent or temporary license key.
- Create a file called license.dat in the <License Server Installation>/config directory
- Ensure the permission of this file is set to world readable
chmod 777 filename.dat
- Copy the contents from .upd extension license file to the license.dat file once you have the required permission set for the license.dat file created:
Your license.dat file should contain syntax similar to the following below:
SERVER "Actual hostname" "Actual hostID"
INCREMENT UnifyingPlatform rational 1.00000 permanent 2 \
DE86D06F56E0 VENDOR_STRING="|Floating|0| ClearCase_LT:1.0, \
ClearQuest:1.1, RequisitePro:4.0, soda_word:3.5, \
TestManager:7.1, UnifiedProcess:5.1" OVERDRAFT=0 DUP_GROUP=UH \
vendor_info="0|IBM Rational Team Unifying Platform Floating \
License Key|0" ISSUED=08-mar-2007 NOTICE="Sales Order Number: \
For Example Use Only" ck=175 SN=982730
Note: If you are attempting to import temporary license keys, your server line should be as shown below:
SERVER "Actual hostname" ANY
- Save the file and navigate to /Rational/base/cots/flexlm.x/platform/ directory.
- Execute the following command to start the license server with the license.dat file that you have created:
./lmgrd -c <full path to the license file>
./lmgrd -c /Rational/config/license.dat
More support for:
Rational License Key Server
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris
Reference #: 1267965
Modified date: 24 April 2013