Collect troubleshooting data for problems when migrating WebSphere InterChange Server to WebSphere Process Server
You are having a migration problem in when migrating WebSphere InterChange Server to WebSphere Process Server. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Collect the MustGather information for problems with migrating WebSphere InterChange Server to WebSphere Process Server. Gathering this information before calling IBM support helps in understanding the problem and saves time when analyzing the data.
|Setting the trace string|
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions, see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather document.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
|Required diagnostic information|
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Problem description
- Environment description
- Server logs: All files from the following directories:
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant applications
Migration diagnostic information
- Description of the migration
- InterChange Server repository .jar file
- .metadata and .migration directories of your workspace
|Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information|
Collect the diagnostic information following these step:
- Provide a detailed description of your migration and the point at which the process failed. Not every component from Interchange Server maps directly to a component in WebSphere Process Server. If the problem is how a particular component is converted, describe the InterChange Server component that you are migrating, then describe how the migration is not working as you expect.
- Provide the InterChange Server repository .jar file that you are using in your migration.
- Provide the .metadata and .migration directories of your workspace if they exist. The .migration directory does not exist in all versions.
- Collect the general diagnostic information. For instructions, see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in Collect troubleshooting data for WebSphere Process Server Version 6. You can collect the server logs and some of the environment details using ISA Lite.
|What to do next|
- Review the logs and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you have collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
For a listing of all technotes, downloads, and educational materials that are specific to WebSphere Process Server , search the WebSphere Process Server support page.
|Business Integration||WebSphere InterChange Server||Other||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168|
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
WebSphere Interchange Server Migration
Software version: 6.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 6.1.2, 184.108.40.206, 6.2
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1267922
Modified date: 2007-08-14