Collect troubleshooting data for web services problems in WebSphere Process Server
You are having a web service problem with WebSphere Process Server. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Setting the trace string
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions, see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather document.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
Required diagnostic information
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Problem description
- Environment description
- Server logs: All files from the following directories:
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant applications
Web services diagnostic information
- Sample SOAP request and response messages
Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information
Collect the diagnostic information:
- Collect the general diagnostic information. For instructions, see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in Collect troubleshooting data for WebSphere Process Server Version 6.
- Provide a copy of any involved SOAP request or response messages leading up to the issue
What to do next
- Review the logs and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you have collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
Software version: 6.1, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 6.1.2, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 6.2, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 7.0, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1267920
Modified date: 22 October 2009
Translate this page: