Welcome to IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Support
This technote describes information helpful to a new IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance client.
Resolving the problem
Welcome to IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Support!
Visit our WebSphere DataPower support page. You will find links to DataPower flashes and technotes along with a great deal of other support information related to the DataPower appliances.
You can keep informed about the latest support information with My Notifications, or click the My Notifications link from our WebSphere DataPower support page. WebSphere DataPower is listed in My Notifications under Software, Business Integration. Be sure to click the Support feedback link to send your comments and help us improve on-line software support.
Review our WebSphere DataPower forum for information about using our product.
DataPower product documentation and firmware downloads along with technotes on upgrading are accessed via the information in our Knowledge Collection: Firmware upgrades for the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. Review our Critical updates for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA appliances to pro-actively prevent system outages.
A series of technotes arranged in chapter format is now available to provide you with information on setting up your IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Machine Type 9235.
- Introduction to your WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Machine Type 9235
- Planning for installation of your IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance MT/9235
- Planning worksheet for Setting up your IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance MT/9235
- Placing in the Rack, Initial configuration (with example) of your IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance M/T 9235
- More on the Initial Configuration (Startup command, Manual configuration, and upgrading firmware (first time upgrade)) for your IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance M/T 9235.
- Reviewing resources available from IBM to help you use your IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance M/T 9235
- Operations Planning
- Working with IBM Support to solve a problem when using your IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance M/T 9235.
Review the support available for IBM WebSphere DataPower appliances under the support contracts. If you would like to contact our support team, see the " Contacting IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Support" document.
- If you have a 7x24 contract and a Severity 1- production down issue that requires immediate attention, use this document to determine your machine type Contacting IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Support" follow the linked documents and when you contact IBM support via the telephone ask to be connected to the on-call Duty Programmer.
- When contacting support you will need:
- serial number of the appliance for IBM entitlement processing
- firmware version of the appliance
- IBM customer number
- your telephone number as we might need to call you concerning this problem report
- severity of the problem and business impact so that we may handle your issue appropriately based on the Severity Levels table found in the following technote: "WebSphere DataPower Extended Maintenance and Support Services"
- A description of the problem, along with available problem documentation as described in our MustGather: Read first for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- IBM WebSphere Electronic Support Tools and Resources Training
- IBM WebSphere DataPower Support site
- Contacting IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances Support
- IBM Software Support Handbook
- Supported firmware versions and recommended upgrade levels for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- IBM WebSphere DataPower Support Lifecycle
More support for:
IBM DataPower Gateways
Software version: 3.8.2, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 5.0.0
Operating system(s): Firmware
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1260903
Modified date: 14 March 2011