Error 1402. Could not open key, when installing RequisitePro
This technote identifies a potential resolution to the error, 1402 could not open key, which might occur when installing IBM® Rational® RequisitePro®.
The full error message is as follows:
Error 1402. Could not open key: UNKNOWN\MSWinsock.Winsock.1\CLSID. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
This error is usually the result of the current user not having sufficient permissions to edit registry keys.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue you will need to make updates to the permissions in the Microsoft® Windows® registry to allow the current use to install RequisitePro.
NOTE: This solution contains information about modifying the system registry.Before making any modifications to the Microsoft Registry Editor, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of the existing registry.For more information describing how to back up the registry, refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986.
- Double-click the Hkey_Local_Machine folder
- Find the Software folder, right-click, and choose Permissions
- Select Add, type in Administrator and click OK
- Highlight Administrator under Group or Usernames
- Under Permissions, please check Allow for Full Control and Read
- Select Apply.
- Select Add, type in SYSTEM and select OK.
- Highlight SYSTEM under Group or Usernames.
- Under Permissions, check Allow for Full Control and Read.
- Select Apply then OK.
- Exit the registry
More support for:
Software version: 7.0, 220.127.116.11, 2003.06.00, 2003.06.12, 2003.06.13, 2003.06.14, 2003.06.15, 2003.06.16
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1260367
Modified date: 27 October 2010
Translate this page: