Collecting Data for Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail
Collecting Data documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Resolving the problem
Collecting troubleshooting data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM® Support quickly determine if:
Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Collecting Data: Table of contents:
|Gathering general information|
|Manually Gathering Tivoli Data Protection for Domino Information|
|Manually Gathering Tivoli Data Protection for Exchange Information|
|Submitting Information to IBM Support|
|Online Self-Help Resources|
Information can be gathered using the IBM Support Assistant (ISA), a free cross-product tool. ISA Plugins are available that can assist in gathering the general information for Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail products. Alternately, you can manually collect the information:
Tivoli Data Protection for Domino
Tivoli Data Protection for Exchange
Entering general information into an electronically-opened PMR (ESR) eliminates waiting on the phone to provide general information to Level 1 support.
The default installation path is:
Linux and Solaris: /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/
Windows: c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\Domino\
AIX, Solaris, a nd Linux:
Gather the following files where applicable:
If the issue involves a Domino server crash or Tivoli Data Protection crash:
Gather the following general data from the installation file path. The default installation path is:
- Use the Exchange Management Console (PowerShell) and run the command:
- From the DOS/Command prompt in the BAClient directory, run the following command:
dsmc query systeminfo
gather the dsminfo.txt and dsmminfo.txt files, which are generated in the BAClient directory.
- From the Tivoli Storage Manager server, provide the output from the administrative commands:
- To ensure that VSS is working properly, see Knowledgebase document:
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic troubleshooting data to IBM.
If using ESR, update the PMR to indicate that data has been sent.
- Review up-to-date product information at the Tivoli Storage Manager Product Support page.
- Utilize the IBM Electronic Service Request tool to access the Tivoli Storage Manager Support team when requiring assistance from IBM.
- Use the IBM Support Assistant (ISA), this free cross product tool assists you in increasing your capacity for self-help.
- Install and use the IBM Support Toolbar. This is a stand-alone application that allows you to easily search IBM.com for all types of software support content plus organizes the major areas of not only Software support, but the individual brand support sites into a concise application.
- Configuring the Data Protection Domino in Unix/Linux
- Exchanging information with IBM Technical Support
- Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail – all requirement documents
- Data Protection for Lotus Domino Installation and User’s Guide (Unix, Linux, and OS/400)
- Data Protection for Lotus Domino Installation and User’s Guide (Windows)
- Data Protection for Lotus Domino APARs
- Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Installation and User’s Guide
- Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange APARs
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1259973
Modified date: 22 September 2015