- Migration Station (Technote) - If you are migrating to Informix IDS Version 11.50 from a non-Informix relational database manager system, visit the migration station.
- IBM Migration Toolkit (Web page) - The IBM Migration Toolkit helps you migrate a wide variety of source databases to IDS on a variety of platforms including Windows, AIX, Linux, and Solaris. The migration toolkit is part of the comprehensive offering.
- Migrating from Oracle to IDS (IBM Redbook) - This Redbook discusses how to migrate from Oracle® to Informix Dynamic Server (IDS). The focus is primarily on data, applications, and administration. The book contains a lot of information about the differences in features and functionality in areas such as data types, DML, DDL, and Stored Procedures. A migration methodology is provided, along with the processes for installing and using the IBM Migration Toolkit (MTK). There are examples which show you how to convert stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Migration from SQL Server to IDS (IBM Redbook) - This Redbook discusses considerations, and describe a methodology, for transitioning from Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 to the Informix® Dynamic Server. It focus on the topic areas of data, applications, and administration, providing information about the differences in features and functionality, including the data types, data manipulation language, data definition language, and stored procedures. Understanding the features and functionality of the two products assists you in developing a migration plan.
- Oracle to IBM Informix Dynamic Server porting guide (Article)- This article describes the differences between Oracle and IDS functionality and syntax. In addition to DDL, DML and overall SQL syntax, you'll explore the differences between Oracle and Informix with regards to the use of large objects, user defined types, user defined routines, and table partitioning. It also explains what needs to be changed to make an application running on an Oracle database run on an Informix database, and gives alternatives.
- Are you migrating from Informix SE to IDS? (Documentation, PDF) - This presentation is an excellent reference.