Preventive Service Planning
This document lists the hardware, software, disk space, and memory that is required to install the application server component for DB2 Data Warehouse Edition 9.1.2 and Fix Pack 9.1.3.
Ensure that your computer meets the following requirements before you install the application server components of DB2 Data Warehouse Edition.
Hardware and software:
|Operating system||Minimum prerequisites||Number of bits||Hardware|
|AIX Version 5.2||
||32, 64||IBM eServer„¢ servers with POWER„¢ technology|
|AIX Version 5.3||
||32, 64||IBM eServer servers with POWER technology|
|HP-UX 11iv2 ¹||N/A||64||Integrity Series systems|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux V3
(Not supported by DB2 9.) ²
|N/A||32||A Pentium or Pentium-compatible CPU is required.|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux V4||
||32, 64||Select one of the following:
|SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (SLES 9) and Enterprise Server 10 (SLES 10)||For SLES 9:
||32, 64||Select one of the following:
|Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 ³||For Solaris 9, the following patches are also required:
||64||Systems based on UltraSPARC processor|
|Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Datacenter Editions.||Service Pack 1, and R2||32||A Pentium or Pentium-compatible (x86) CPU is required.|
- HP-UX users: This product uses HP Runtime Environment for J2SE HP-UX 11i platform, adapted by IBM for IBM Software, Version 1.4.2.
- Linux users: DB2 9 does not support Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 3 (RHEL 3), so DWE 9.1.1 does not install DB2 9 on it. However, DWE 9.1.1 supports RHEL 3 if you use DB2 Version 8.2 Fix Pack 3 (Version 8.1 Fix Pack 10).
- Solaris users: WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2 is only available in a 32-bit version. On the 64-bit version of Solaris, the DWE configuration tool sets up the 32-bit WebSphere server. For details of this setup, see "Release notes for WebSphere Application Server version 6.0.2 for Sun Solaris on the x86 64-bit architecture" at this address:
Web browsers supported by DWE Administration Console: Internet Explorer 6.0, with SP„¢ 1 and later on Windows, and Firefox 1.5.
Web browsers supported by WebSphere: Internet Explorer 6.0, with SP 1 (on Windows), and Mozilla 1.4 and 1.7. These are the only browsers supported on the application server; however, there is no restriction nor certification of Web browsers on clients that connect to the application server to display content.
- Temporary space for installable images of the DWE components
Before installing DWE, you must copy the installation image for each component to the target computer. These images are the installation executable files for that component, either downloaded from IBM or copied from a CD. This space is different from the space needed to run the installation program.
Approximately 2.7 GB of disk space is recommended for the installation images of the application server components.
On AIX and HP-UX, you must have enough disk space for all the installable images for the entire DWE product, even if you are not installing all the components. This is approximately 7.5 GB.
- Temporary space for running the installation program
Approximately 550 MB of disk space is recommended.
- Permanent space for the installed components
Approximately 2 GB of disk space is recommended for WebSphere, the DWE Administration Console, and the DB2 Alphablox administration tool. If you are installing WebSphere into a 64-bit instance, you will need an additional 500 MB.
- Memory for installing the product
Approximately 1 GB of memory is recommended to install the application server.
- Memory for running the product
Approximately 1 GB of memory is the minimum amount of memory required to run the application server alone. If you run the data warehouse server components on the same computer, 2 GB of memory is recommended.
If you add more DWE components to the same computer, you must have more memory to run them in addition to the memory reserved for the application server.
- DB2 V9, up to Fix Pack 5
- DB2 V8.2 Fix Packs 3 and 7 (V8.1 Fix Packs 10 and 14) only.