This technote provides a brief overview of the new Eclipse support offering from IBM Rational.
IBM® Rational® Elite Support for Eclipse provides world-class technical support for Eclipse™, the open source development environment from the Eclipse Foundation. It provides the support needed to confidently develop in the Eclipse environment.
This offering includes support for the Eclipse Platform, including the Java™ Development Toolkit (JDT) and its Plug-in Development Environment (PDE).
Support will also be provided for the following projects and frameworks associated with the Eclipse platform:
- Web Tools Platform (WTP)
- Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP)
- Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)
- Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF)
- Data Tools Platform (DTP)
Key benefits of choosing IBM Rational Elite Support for Eclipse include:
- World-class support backed by IBM - Reap the benefits of open source with the peace of mind of knowing your tools are backed by IBM.
- Direct linkage to the Eclipse community — IBM is an active participant in the Eclipse community. This means that IBM continuously works within the community to ensure that new features and capabilities are added to the Eclipse projects for the advancement of community goals.
- Supported Platforms, Projects and Versions of Eclipse
- Eclipse Support Webpage
- Support Handbook (support-only offerings section)
|Software Development||Rational Manual Tester|
|Software Development||Rational Performance Tester|
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server Community Edition|
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server Enterprise|
|Application Servers||IBM Support for Apache Geronimo|
|Software Development||Rational Functional Tester|
|Software Development||Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software|
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect|
|Software Development||Rational Software Modeler|
|Software Development||Rational Systems Developer|