Domino 7.0.2 allows for overriding of session-based authentication
In Lotus® Domino® 7.0.2, there is a new type of Web Site rule which allows the use of basic authentication for a subset of requests, while session-based authentication is used for the rest of the Web site.
It is important to note that, to use this new Web Site rule you must be using the Internet Sites view and not the Web Server Configurations view. If you are using the Web Server Configurations view, you can technically still create the rule in the Internet Sites view; however, it will not be used by the server.
To use the new rule, perform the following steps:
- Make sure the field "Load Internet configurations from Server\Internet Sites documents" is set to Enabled on the Basics tab of the Server document. If you change this field you must reload the HTTP task.
- Make sure you have at least one Internet Site document in the Internet Sites view.
- Open one of your Internet Site documents and click the "Web Site" button and select "Create Rule".
- On the new Web Site Rule document, change the "Type of rule" to "Override Session Authentication".
- Fill in the Incoming URL pattern to tell the Web server for which requests you wish to override session-based authentication and use basic authentication.
- Refresh the HTTP configuration with the command "tell http refresh". Note that if you had to change the field on the Basics tab initially, it would be advised to use the command "restart task http" instead of the refresh command.
- OPTIONAL - On the Internet Site document you can tell the Web server not to generate a session cookie when this new rule is in place. To do this, simply set the field "When overriding session authentication, generate session cookie" to "No" on the Domino Web Engine tab of the Internet Site document.
The new Domino RSS template distributed with Domino 7.0.2 allows for RSS readers to connect to the Domino Web server to retrieve RSS content. Most RSS readers, however, do not support the use of session-based authentication, and instead use only basic authentication.
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Software version: 7.0.2
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1250004
Modified date: 24 November 2009