TEP cannot connect to TEPS - invalid DB2 userid/password
Tivoli Enterprise Portal (TEP) client can not connect to Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (TEPS) because invalid DB2 UDB password.
Possible causes are:
1) User id does not match operating system's logon id.
2) Password does not match operating system's password
3) User id could not be found in DB2 UDB database
4) Registry does not have the correct password
Resolving the problem
The error messages in CNPS\LOGS\KFWRAS1.LOG are:
SQLSTATE: 08001, ERR: -30082, MSG: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001
You need to check the following places to make sure that user id and password are correct and in synch:
1) Your TEP user id should be identical with the logon id of your system.
On Windows XP, right click on My Computer icon and select Manage. Select "Local Users and Groups". Select Users. You can check to see if your user id is listed there. Right click on your user id and select Properties, you will be able to see the properties of your id. For db2admin id, the password is suggested to never expire.
2) The user id and password should be in correct case.
3) Check DB2 UDB database and make sure that db2admin userid and password match the db2admin local account.
Go to Control Panel. Select Windows Administrative Tools and then Services.
Right click service DB2 - DB2 and select properties. Select the Log On tab and make sure the db2admin userid and password match the db2admin UDB account.
To verify the DB2 user id and password for database and data source:
Go to Control Panel. Select Windows Administrative Tools and then Data Sources (ODBC). At System DSN tab, select CNPS2 and click Configure button. Enter your user id and password, for example, db2admin for database and CNPS for data source. Click on Connect to test the connection to UDB database.
4) Verify the Registry Entry for CNPS2 has the correct userid or password.
Go to Start, Run..., enter "regedit", and click OK. Navigate to
The value should be in the following format: DSN=CNPS2;UID=CNPS;PWD=realpw;CONNECTION_LIMIT=32
You can just update the CNPS userid and password in the registry by
DB2datasource.exe for DB2 or
CNPSdatasource.exe for MS/SQL Server
More support for:
Tivoli Management Portal for Distributed Systems
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1243477
Modified date: 2014-12-16