Collecting Data: Read first for Informix Family products
For every problem, collecting data can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs). Collecting this data before calling IBM support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Resolving the problem
Collecting data before opening a PMR helps IBM Support determine if:
- symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
- there is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
- there is a defect that identifies with an immediately available fix.
- there is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
Looking for a Collecting Data topic that is not here?
What to do next
Once you have collected the preceding information, simply submit the diagnostic information to IBM support.
You can submit files using one of following methods to help speed problem diagnosis:
- IBM Support Assistant (ISA)
- Electronic Service Request (ESR)
- FTP to the Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep)
See the Related information article, Submitting diagnostic information to IBM Technical Support for problem determination.
|Information Management||Informix C-ISAM|
|Information Management||Informix DataBlade modules|
|Information Management||Informix Servers|
|Information Management||Informix Extended Parallel Server (XPS)|
|Information Management||Informix OnLine|
|Information Management||Informix Standard Engine (SE)|
|Information Management||Informix Tools|
More support for:
Software version: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 4.0, 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, 7.3, 8.0, 9.4, 10.0, 11.0, 11.1, 11.5, 11.7
Operating system(s): AIX, DYNIX/ptx, Digital Unix (OSF1)(TRU64), HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Reliant UNIX, Sinix, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1242979
Modified date: 02 April 2010
Translate this page: