MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save resolving time for Problem Management Records(PMRs).
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM® Support quickly determine if:
1. Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
2. There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
3. There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
4. Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Resolving the problem
List information about which materials need to be collected and how to collect these materials.
Enable BTT Trace log for suspicious fault BTT component
1. open BTT configuration file dse.ini.
2. search kColl “traces” in dse.ini, modify flowing fields setting:
<field id="traceToDisplay" value="yes"/>
<field id="traceFileName" value="<your log files path>\dse-%date-%order.log"/>.
3. search component trace setting with suspicious BTT component ID in dse.ini, set fields trace="yes" traceTypes="DIPEWS", traceLevels="HML".
For example, if problem occurred in BTT CICS service component, the line should set to be:
<traceRequester id= "#CICS" trace="yes" traceTypes="DIPEWS" traceLevels="HML"/>
- All BTT configuration files: dse.ini, dsectx.xml, dsedata.xml, dsefmts.xml, dseoper.xml, dseproc.xml, dsesrvce.xml and dsetype.xml
- All BTT trace files
- Follow instructions to Submitting diagnostic information to IBM support.
If the problem related to 100% CPU Usage, Crash, Out of Memory or Hangs/Performance Degradation issues, please also provides related WAS must gather materials. About how to collect must gather materials, please refer: Mustgather for WebSphere Application Server.
Mustgather for WebSphere Application Server
Submitting diagnostic information