The IBM® Web site has lots of links and buttons for purchasing products and services on-line. Here is a cheat sheet to help you understand the value of each of these links.
Resolving the problem
- From one of the following WebSphere Application Server Community Edition pages, you should see the navigation screenshot displayed at right:
- From the navigation, click on How to buy.
- You will be taken to a page on Buying IBM WebSphere Application Server Support.
Learn about the wide range of support offerings from IBM
To buy WebSphere Application Server Community Edition support, you will want to purchase a Passport Advantage Express contract.
From the page for buying IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition Support, perform the following:
- Click on IBM Software on-line catalog.
- You will be taken to a page where you can select IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition support for purchase.
When clicking on "Support Offerings"
To learn more about Passport Advantage Express, perform the following from IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition support page:
- From the navigation on the left side of the screen, underneath the Problem submission section, you will see a link for Support Offerings.
- Click Support Offerings.
- You will be taken to a listing of IBM support offerings. Click on Passport Advantage.
- Click on Learn More.
- You will be taken to the IBM Passport Advantage site.
- Click on Find out more about Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express.
- Click on Passport Advantage Express - How it Works.
- Click on How to enroll at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to page that explains how to enroll for Passport Advantage Express.
Note: The following sentence does NOT apply to support-only offerings:
There’s no need to enroll in Passport Advantage Express -- just take advantage of the ease of transaction-based acquisition.
- To continue with the Passport Advantage Express purchase, click IBM Software on-line catalog.
- You will be taken to the Software on-line catalog where you can select to purchase IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition Support
Contacting IBM support
To talk to IBM before committing to a purchase, use the Call me or E-mail us option to get the answers you need.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.