Error: 'Not enough memory for Full Text Indexing or Search' when searching a database stored on CD-RW
When you attempt to search a database that is stored on a CD, the following error is returned:
"Not enough memory for Full Text Indexing or Search".
Steps to reproduce:
1. Launch Notes® and open a database.
2. Press CTRL + SHIFT + F9 to build all the view indexes.
3. Create the Full Text Index.
4. Copy the database and its index (<db_filename>.FT directory) to the CD.
5. Open the database from the CD and attempt to perform a full text search.
Resolving the problem
This issue has been reported to Quality Engineering as SPR# SHEZ6HL9JM. This issue is now fixed. The fix requires that the Full Text Index be recreated (delete the existing index and create a new one) using the fixed Notes/Domino release.
Fix details: SPR# SHEZ6HL9JM
Refer to the Upgrade Central site for details on upgrading Notes/Domino.
The following worked around the issue in observed cases:
1. Add the Notes.INI parameter FTG_NO_UBM=1 on the system generating the index.
If the database is located on a server, add it to the Domino® notes.ini file. If the database is local, add it to the client notes.ini. Restart Notes or Domino as applicable.
2. Copy the database from the CD to drive (if it does not already exist on a drive).
3. If the database is Full Text Indexed, delete the Full Text Index.
4. Create a new Full Text Index for the database.
5. Copy the database and its index (<db_filename>.FT directory) to the CD.
More support for:
Software version: 6.5, 7.0, 8.0
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows, iOS
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1223142
Modified date: 2014-02-27