HATS support for DDS keywords
Which types of DDS keywords are not supported by IBM Rational Host Access Transformation Services (HATS)?
Certain types of graphical DDS keywords are not supported when HATS is transforming the 5250 data stream:
- Programmable Mouse Buttons (DDS keyword MOUBTN)
- DBCS Grid Lines (DDS keywords GRDATR, GRDBOX, GRDLIN, GRDRCD)
- Advanced field operations, including the following DDS features:
- Edit-mask entry
- Cursor-progression entry
- Pointer-device selectable
- Cursor movement restrictions
- Cursor-sensitive scrolling
- Mandatory fill using the CHECK(MF) or CHGINPDFT(MF) keywords.
- Ghost controls, or nonstandard usage of DDS keywords, coded in the DDS map prior to the 5250 datastream control command SOH (Start Of Header)
- Selection Field accelerator keys:
- Menu accelerators
- Numeric selection
In addition, the following Edit DDS keyword is not supported:
If you have an issue with iSeries terminal screens that contain a specific DDS keyword not mentioned here, follow the instructions in the document titled MustGather: HATS Screen Rendering problems, and contact IBM support.
More support for:
Rational Host Access Transformation Services
Software version: 8.5, 9.0, 9.5.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1220063
Modified date: 28 October 2014