Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127
This technote explains how to resolve a SQLDriverConnect error 127 error that could occur when logging into an Oracle database using IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® version 2003.06.12 or earlier.
Full error message:
The error message was SQlDriverConnect: retcode=-1, state=im003, native error=160 Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 127.[open link lite for oracle 8i (32 bit)].
The Oracle client may not have been installed on the problematic system.
- The Oracle driver is not registered on the client computer. (The OpenLink Lite drivers).
- The Oracle client driver version has not been set or has been set incorrectly. (The registeroracleoptions)
- This may be caused by old DLL's exist in the system32 directory.
Resolving the problem
- Oracle Client installed ?
- Validate that the appropriate Oracle driver is registered on the client computer
- Validate correct version is set in installutil registeroracleoptions (Setting this option only required in certain circumstances)
- Bypassing old DLL's
Oracle Client installed?
Install an Oracle client version that is supported with the version of ClearQuest that is being used. Please refer to the Installing ClearQuest manual, specifically Installing and configuring an Oracle client for more information. A PDF version of this manual can be found wherever ClearQuest has been installed. It will be located in the books folder.
successful install. Manually register the dll by regsvr32.exe.
To re-register the dll:
- Click on the Start button then select Run
- Type: regsvr32 "<pathname>\<dll_name>"
The path for the OpenLink Lite drivers is: C:\Program Files\Rational\Common\
- Run installutil registeroracleoptions "CLIENT_VER=<ver>" on the client machine.
Note: Replace <ver> with the installed Oracle Client version either "7", "8.0" or "8.1". Note: The installutil executable is located in the ClearQuest installation directory.
Example: installutil registeroracleoptions "CLIENT_VER=8.1"
- Reboot the client machine.
- After rebooting the user should be able to login.
This error message can occur in the web and the client. There have been scenarios where the client works but the web throws this error. Running the rereg options and
Bypassing old DLL's
In the Environment Variables on the client machine move the path C:\Oracle\Ora81\bin right to the first place in the System Path.
More support for:
Database Configuration/Connectivity - Oracle
Software version: 2002.05.00, 2002.05.20, 2003.06.00, 2003.06.01, 2003.06.10, 2003.06.12
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1216815
Modified date: 15 September 2005