Collect troubleshooting data (MustGather) for CICS products - Read first
MustGather information aids in problem determination and saves time resolving service requests (SR) or problem management records (PMRs). This information contains a list of the documentation you should gather so CICS Support can diagnose your specific problem. It also includes diagnostic tips that will aid in diagnosing and solving problems.
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening a Service Request (SR) or PMR, helps IBM Support quickly determine if:
- Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
- There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
- There is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
- Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Resolving the problem
As documented in topic Collecting CICS troubleshooting data (CICS MustGather) for IBM Support gather the following general information for every problem record:
- A complete description of the problem, including the following:
- When did the problem first occur?
- Is the problem a one time failure or reoccurring?
- Was software or hardware maintenance applied?
- Did the failure occur while doing a specific task?
- Is the failure occurring in more than one address space?
- CICS product version, release, and maintenance level
- Operating system version, release, and maintenance level
- Related products version, and release levels
- A valid contact phone number and email address
Then gather component specific information after selecting a product:
|CICS Transaction Server for z/OS components|
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server
Translate this page: