Attempting to access existing Registration policy documents in the Domino directory with a release 6.5.3 Administration client returns the error, "Memory allocation request exceeded 65,000 bytes."
This issue can be the result of a corrupt database design.
In order to resolve this issue, the Administrator temporarily disabled replication on the Domino directory. After replacing the design of the Domino directory with Discussion.ntf. and immediately replacing the design again with the pubnames.ntf, new registration settings documents could be created and existing documents could be edited.
The Administrator then replaced the corrupt copies of the Domino directories on the other servers in the domain.
In some cases, replacing the design of the template will not resolve the issue (this issue is being tracked in SPR #MPAL5XRMK5). In these cases, the following workaround is available.
Note: The following workaround should be done in a test environment first. If that is not possible, be sure to make a backup copy of the current Domino directory (names.nsf) in its current state prior to making any changes.
The following steps should be taken using the Domino Designer on the Domino directory's (names.nsf) design:
- There is a field on the Miscellaneous tab of the Registration policy document called 'RegGrps', which hits the limit.
- Open the Policy Settings -> Registration Settings form in Designer.
- Select the Miscellaneous tab -> "RegGrps" field -> Field Properties.
- On the first tab, change the field Type from "Listbox" to "Dialog List".
- On the second tab, in the Choices section, select "Use address dialogue for choices."
- Save & close.