MustGather: Read first for IBM HTTP Server
MustGather documents aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Resolving the problem
Collecting MustGather data early, even before opening the PMR, helps IBM® Support quickly determine if:
- Symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
- There is a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
- There is a defect that identifies a work around to reduce severity.
- Locating root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Gathering general information
For all releases of IBM HTTP Server, manually gather the following information for each host machine:
- The application server or clone, if either are installed
- The IBM HTTP Server version and edition
- The installed interim fixes
- Your operating system and version
- The operating system patches or maintenance level
- The number of CPUs that you have
- The amount of RAM that you have
Gathering component specific information
For assistance in help identifying the component causing problems, visit the Troubleshooting guide for WebSphere® Application Server.
Otherwise, take a look at the components and the component descriptions. If one of the product components below matches your symptom or the part of the product with which you are experiencing problems, click on the component and follow the instructions in the associated MustGather document:
Submitting information to IBM support
After a PMR is open, you can submit diagnostic MustGather data to IBM.
If using SR, update the PMR to indicate that data has been sent.
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server||IBM HTTP Server|
More support for:
IBM HTTP Server
Software version: 7.0, 8.0, 8.5, 8.5.5, 9.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1192683
Modified date: 13 December 2004