DB2 Warehouse Manager contains Java External Trigger components which gives user the ability to run predefined warehouse steps outside DWC. This utility provides the option to run a batch of processes in the background either from command line or from an user defined program. Java External Trigger comes with External Trigger Server and External Trigger Client components. The server runs on Windows or AIX system where warehouse server can be run.
To run the server on windows, the LPP for Java is required on as/400 and you must follow these steps:
- Set JAVA_HOME=<server's Java root directory>
set JAVA_HOME=c:\program files\ibm\sqllib\java
- Set SQLTOOLS = <server's sqllib\tools directory>
set SQLTOOLS=c:\program files\ibm\sqllib\tools
- set CLASSPATH = .;%SQLTOOLS%\db2XTrigger.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\Common.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\jdk\jre\lib;%JAVA_HOME%\jdk\lib;%SQLTOOLS%\db2vwcom.jar
*NOTE: on Unix, make sure it's Common.jar - case sensitive
- java db2_vw_xt.XTServer 11004
This should start the External server on port 11004.
Now, to setup the client on iSeries , follow these steps:
- Make sure these two files exist in the directory /qibm/userdata/os400/sqllib/function/JET
- Open the Qshell Interpreter on iSeries using the command QSH
- Set the CLASSPATH using the command :
( export -s CLASSPATH=.:/qibm/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/JET/db2XTrigger.jar:/qibm/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/JET/Common.jar )
- Run java db2_vw_xt.XTClient to test
The command itself shows the parameters list if run on command line. Please refer DWC admin guide for the usage of these utility. These guides are available on-line at:
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.