This technote identifies a potential resolution to the error 339 message, "richtx32.ocx or one of its dependancies is not correctly registered," which might occur when starting IBM® Rational® RequisitePro® or opening a project.
The full error message is:
An internal error occurred:
Error Number: 339
Error Description: Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered:
A file is missing or invalid.
This error is the direct result of the richtx32.ocx being corrupt or not being properly registered.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, unregister the richtx32.ocx file, replace it with the file attached to this technote, and register the new file.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Close RequisitePro
- Search on the system for any instances of richtx32.ocx
- Open a command prompt by selecting, Start > Run..., typing cmd and clicking OK
- Change directories to the directory which the richtx32.ocx resides (in Microsoft® Windows® 2000 this would be C:\WINNT\system32) and enter the following command to unregister the file:
regsvr32 -u richtx32.ocx
- When the DllUnregisterServer in richtx32.ocx succeeded message appears, click OK, rename the existing richtx32.ocx through Windows Explorer and any other instances found on the system.
- Download the richtx32.ocx file attached to this technote and save it into the following directory:
- Enter the following command at the command prompt to register the richtx32.ocx file:
- Once the DllRegisterServer in richtx32.ocx succeeded message appears, click OK
The problem should now be resolved and you should be able to open RequisitePro or the project.
All source code and/or binaries attached to this document are referred to here as "the Program". IBM is not providing program services of any kind for the Program. IBM is providing the Program on an "AS IS" basis without warranty of any kind. IBM WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ACTUAL, DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR FOR ANY ECONOMIC CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR SAVINGS), EVEN IF IBM, OR ITS RESELLER, HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.