This technote describes a reason for being in "restricted mode access" when you are using the New IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® Web (Java®) on Microsoft® Windows. After installing the New ClearQuest Web, none of the queries or reports are appearing in the workspace. Everything has been configured according to the documentation.
A "Rational ClearQuest Web" license option defectively shipped in the License Usage Mapper part of the Rational® License Key Administrator in the 2003.06.01 release of the New ClearQuest Web.
Resolving the problem
This issue was a defect in the 2003.06.01 release of the New ClearQuest web and resolved in the 2003.06.13 Service Release 3 (SR3) version. If you are using this older version of ClearQuest web you must upgrade to the SR3 release or higher. There is no "Rational ClearQuest Web" license for ClearQuest.
To verify this license is not selected:
- Go to Rational License Key Administrator
- From the top menu, select "Settings"
- Select "License Usage Mapper"
- Highlight "Rational ClearQuest" under "Installed Products".
- Under "License Usage Order", verify that you have checked "Rational ClearQuest", or any product among the Rational Suites for which you have access to a license. If you see a "Rational ClearQuest Web" license, uncheck that option, because there is no such license for ClearQuest version 2003.