You want to forward memos to another address while leaving a copy of the memo in the your Lotus® Domino® mail file. How can this be accomplished?
This can be accomplished in a number of ways.
Note: In order for these examples to execute as expected, the recpient's Person document should not contain a "Forwarding Address" entry.
1. Using a Simple Action agent:
- Create a simple action agent in the recipient's mail file triggered to run Before New Mail Arrives.
- Click the Add Action button, and select the action "Send Mail Message".
- In the To field enter the address you want to forward to.
- Enable the check box for the "Include a copy of the document in the message".
- Next to the Subject line click the "More" button.
- For the Subject entry select "Formula" and for the formula enter Subject (with no quotes), or optionally use the following (to reflect that it is a forwarded document): "Fwd: " + Subject.
2. Using a Mail Rule:
- It is possible to create a mail rule that forwards messages to another e-mail address while retaining the From: line of the original e-mail. Simply create a new mail rule, specify a condition or all documents, and add an action 'Send Copy To' a specified e-mail address. E-mails delivered to this mail database will then be forwarded with the From: information intact.
3. Using a LotusScript agent:
- Create a LotusScript agent in the recipient's mail file triggered to run Before New Mail Arrives.
- Place the code below within the Initialize event of the agent.
- The Send call in the code needs to be modified so that the forwarding address is passed in the second parameter.
NOTE: The code below is a sample script, provided to illustrate one way to approach this issue. In order for this example to perform as intended, the script must be laid out exactly as indicated below. IBM Technical Support will not be able to customize this script for a specific configuration.
Dim s As New NotesSession
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Dim doc As NotesDocument
Dim newdoc As NotesDocument
Set newdoc = db.CreateDocument
Call doc.CopyAllItems(newdoc, True)
newdoc.Subject="Fwd: "& newdoc.Subject(0)
Call newdoc.Send(False, "<email address>")
|Messaging Applications||Lotus End of Support Products||Lotus Notes|