You want to forward memos to another address while leaving a copy of the memo in the your Lotus® Domino® mail file. How can this be accomplished?
This can be accomplished in a number of ways.
Note: In order for these examples to execute as expected, the user's Person document should not contain a "Forwarding Address" entry.
1. Using a Simple Action:
- Click the Add Action button, and select the action "Send Mail Message".
- In the To field enter the address you want to forward to.
- Enable the checkbox for the "Include a copy of the document in the message".
- Next to the Subject line click the "More" button.
- For the Subject entry select "Formula" and for the formula enter Subject (with no quotes), or optionally use the following (to reflect that it is a forwarded document): "Fwd: " + Subject.
2. Using a Mail Rule:
- In Notes 6.x it is possible to create a mail rule that forwards messages to another e-mail address while retaining the From: line of the original e-mail. Simply create a new mail rule, specify a condition or all documents, and add an action 'Send Copy To' a specified e-mail address. E-mails delivered to this mail database will then be forwarded with the From: information intact.
3. Using LotusScript code:
- The code is placed within the Initialize event.
- The Send call below needs to be modified so that the forwarding address is passed in the second parameter.
NOTE: The below is a sample script, provided to illustrate one way to approach this issue. In order for this example to perform as intended, the script must be laid out exactly as indicated below. Lotus Software Technical Support will not be able to customize this script for a customer's own configuration.
Dim s As New NotesSession
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Dim doc As NotesDocument
Dim newdoc As notesdocument
Set newdoc = db.CreateDocument
Call doc.CopyAllItems(newdoc, True)
newdoc.subject="Fwd: "& newdoc.subject(0)
Call newdoc.send(False, "<email address>")
|Messaging Applications||Lotus End of Support Products||Lotus Notes|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.