Remove view references from ClearCase Administration Console
How can you remove view references from the IBM® Rational® ClearCase® Administration Console without needing to run cleartool rmview -uuid from the command line for each VOB?
Here is how to remove view references from within the ClearCase Administration Console.
Note: This works the same as an cleartool rmview -uuid from the command line as detailed in technote 1122515. However, there is no option like -avobs to remove references from all VOBs in the GUI.
- Traverse the Start Menu to IBM Rational ClearCase> Administration> Administration Console or select Start > Run and type ccadminconsole.msc
- Navigate to the machine that has the VOBs stored on it (either through My Host or ClearCase Network)
Note: You must access the host that has the views stored on it, if that is not the local host, then you must use ClearCase Network to access the host.
- Expand the listing for the machine, then expand the VOBs listing
- Under each VOB there is a listing for Referenced Views, Click this option. In the right hand side all the views that have checkouts to the VOB will be listed
- If the bad view is listed, right-click the view and choose All Tasks > Remove View References
- A warning dialogue will pop-up, click Yes
- The view reference has now been removed from that particular VOB.
Note: Remember to go through the remaining VOBs and remove any other checkout references for this view in the same manner.
|Software Development||Rational ClearCase||GUI: Admin Console|
More support for:
GUI: Admin Console
Software version: 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.1, 2003.06.00
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1146159
Modified date: 03 November 2009
Translate this page: