Executing a stored procedure through ASP
Resolving the problem
This document tells you how to run a stored procedure on IBM Informix Dynamic Server using ASP.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- The web server has to be running and support ASP files.
- Create the stored procedure and tables needed for this test.
1. Use the dbaccessdemo7 script in the Informix Server installation to create the stores_demo database.
2. Copy and rename proc.sql.txt to proc.sql; placing in working directory on your computer where the Informix Server resides.
3. Run dbaccess choosing the above SQL file from Query Language to create the stored procedure within the stores_demo database.
1. Copy procedure.asp.txt, rename to procedure.asp.
2. Create an ODBC system data source to connect to the stores_demo database.
3. You will need to change the ODBC data source entry <REPLACE_ME> in the ASP file to the name of your ODBC system data source.
4. Use a web browser to run the ASP page.