About moving ClearCase servers
What are the procedures for moving an IBM® Rational® ClearCase® server designated as a VOB, View, Registry, and or License server to other hosts?
This procedure consolidates all of the individual tasks outlined in the ClearCase Administrator's Guide that must be done in order to successfully move a ClearCase server.
A copy of the ClearCase Administrator's Guide will be required to complete each stage of this procedure.
- Hardcopy can be ordered from the IBM Publications Center.
- On-line documentation can be found:
About the ClearCase Information Center
Note: The on-line ClearCase version 7.x documentation can be found in the IBM Publication Center and has been organized for you in technote 1239261.
Note: The 2003.06.00 ClearCase manuals can be found on-line in the Legacy Rational product documentation section for the ClearCase Family.
- Distributed Documentation
UNIX® and Linux®: /opt/rational/clearcase/doc/books
Microsoft® Windows®: C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearCase\doc\books
- Install ClearCase on the new machine using the server configuration. Refer to the Rational ClearCase Product Family Installation Guide for more information.
- Obtain license key(s) for the new host. Refer to technote 1206210 for more details.
- Set up the new Server as a License Server.
- Test that the new server is working properly by creating a new VOB, creating a new view, performing a checkout and checkin, or other operations.
- Decide whether you will use rgy_switchover or manually move the registry server (step 3 below). The use of rgy_switchover requires the set up of a new server to act as the Backup Registry Host.
- Back up all VOBs.
- Back up all views (as needed).
- Move (or switch over) the registry server.
- Move VOBs to the new server.
- Move all views.
- For each ClearCase client, change the Registry and License server to point to the new server.
Refer to the following sections of the IBM Rational ClearCase 7.0 Information Center for further details about the above steps.
More support for:
Software version: 7.0, 2003.06.00
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1129835
Modified date: 06 February 2008
Translate this page: