This technote explains how to configure the IBM® Rational® FLEXlm license manager, LMTOOLS.exe, to run as a service in Microsoft® Windows®.
Resolving the problem
Perform the following actions to create a LMTOOLS service in Windows:
- Install a license key.
- Start LMTOOLS.exe in either ways.
Select Start > Run, type lmtools.exe and click OK.
Select Start > Program Files > Rational > Rational License Server > License Tools.
- Select Configuration using Services.
- Go to the Configure Services tab.
- Type in a Service Name, for instance: FLEXlm License Manager and leave the next three fields blank.
- Browse to the path of lmgrd.exe. This is by default:
- Browse to the path of the license file. This is by default
For floating temporary licenses select:
For floating permanent licenses select:
- Type a path for the debug.log file.
- Select the Use Services option.
- If you want to start the license server at boot,
select the option Start Server at Power Up.
- Select the Save Service.
- Select Yes to Save.
- Go to the tab Start/Stop/Reread and make sure the service is highlighted.
- Select the Start button to start the service.