Attempts to engage IBM Rational Purify Integration in Visual Studio results in an Abnormal Program Termination on purifyw.exe
Rational Purify has troubling locating the correct license key.
Resolving the problem
Use the following steps to ensure the License Usage Mapper is configured correctly in the
Rational License Key Administrator.
- Launch Rational License Key Administrator (Start > Programs > IBM Rational > Rational License Key Administrator).
- Close Rational License Key Administrator Wizard if it pops up.
- Select Rational License Usage Mapper from the Settings Menu.
- Highlight Purify for Windows in the left Column Installed Products.
If you have a Purify for Windows License Key:
- Uncheck PurifyPlus for Windows in the right column License Usage Order.
- Move Purify for Windows up to the top of the list
If you have a PurifyPlus license key:
- Uncheck Purify for Windows in the right column License Usage Order.
- Move PurifyPlus for Windows up to the top of the list
You will now be able to engage Purify Integration in Visual Studio successfully.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.