Error: An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end
This technote explains a possible resolution to an error that can occur when using the IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® Import Tool to import record data. This error can occur if blank columns from Microsoft® Excel® were exported into the comma-delimited ASCII text file that is being used by the ClearQuest Import Tool.
This could also occur if the records were modified in Microsoft Excel with a macro that places double-quotes around each value.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this error, try the following steps:
- Delete any extra blank columns in Excel.
- Create a new comma-delimited ASCII text file.
- Open the text file in Microsoft Windows Notepad, or another ASCII text editor.
Note: Do not use Microsoft Word or WordPad, as they will add control characters that can cause further problems.
- Scroll to the last column of the first line listing the field names. None of them should appear as being blank ("").
- Retry the new ClearQuest import file.
More support for:
Software version: 7.0, 2002.05.00, 2002.05.20, 2003.06.00, 2003.06.12, 2003.06.13, 2003.06.14, 2003.06.15
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1118458
Modified date: 20 March 2011