How to create JAAS user name alias for a WebSphere Studio V5 datasource
How do you supply the user name and password for the IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer V5 datasource database?
A WebSphere Studio V5 datasource uses the Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS) alias for user name and password.
To create a JAAS user name alias:
- Go to the Security tab in the Server Configuration editor.
- Under the section named JAAS Authentication Entries, click Add.
- Enter an alias that you will later refer to in the datasource.
- Enter the user name and password and click OK.
- Go to the DataSource tab in the Server Configuration editor.
- Edit the data source.
- The JAAS alias will not show up in the Component-Managed authentication alias and the Container-Managed authentication alias.
- Select the newly-created alias for both drop downs.
- Save and restart server.