You would like to run a Domino command while the iSeries server is down or from a cl program or C program.
Resolving the problem
To run maintenance or other commands with the Domino server down, RUNDOMCMD, a command supplied with Domino, can be used. To use the RUNDOMCMD from a command line, you would follow the steps below:
- Use an IBM i command line and type RUNDOMCMD, press F4, fill in the parameters as follows and press enter: The command syntax for RUNDOMCMD is:
RUNDOMCMD SERVER(servername) CMD(CALL PGM(qnotes/COMPACT) PARM('LOG.NSF' '-c'))
Server Name...... Specify the common name of the Domino server as displayed when using the WRKDOMSVR command.
Command............. Type CALL, press F4, populate the fields as follows, then press enter:
Program . . . . . . . . . . . > FIXUP
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL
Parameters . . . . . . . . .> NAMES.NSF
+ for more values . . . > '-F'
Run in batch . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *YES (*NO will run the command in interactive mode and display the progress of the task on your 5250 session)
Allow multiple threads . . . . . *YES
- It is important that only one utility act on a database at any given time. The maintenance utilities will cause corruption if multiple utilities run on the same database at the same time.
- If you leave the parameter section blank (without a database name) the program will run against all databases in the data directory.
- You may run fixup, updall, or compact together if they are submitted to run against three unique databases, servers, or directories.
- The detailed task activity can be monitored via the Domino console (WRKDOMCSL Server name)
- The job status can be monitored via the IBM i command WRKACTJOB
- Compact cannot be run with RUNDOMCMD if Run in Batch is set to *NO
- Compact cannot be run with RUNDOMCMD in Batch if "Allow Multiple Threads" is set to other than yes