You would like to run a Domino command while the iSeries server is down or from a cl program or C program.
Resolving the problem
To run maintenance or other commands with the Domino server down, RUNDOMCMD, a command supplied with Domino, can be used. To use the RUNDOMCMD from a command line, you would follow the steps below:
- Use an IBM i command line and type RUNDOMCMD, press F4, fill in the parameters as follows and press enter: The command syntax for RUNDOMCMD is:
RUNDOMCMD SERVER(servername) CMD(CALL PGM(qnotes/COMPACT) PARM('LOG.NSF' '-c'))
Server Name...... Specify the common name of the Domino server as displayed when using the WRKDOMSVR command.
Command............. Type CALL, press F4, populate the fields as follows, then press enter:
Program . . . . . . . . . . . > FIXUP
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . *LIBL
Parameters . . . . . . . . .> NAMES.NSF
+ for more values . . . > '-F'
Run in batch . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *YES (*NO will run the command in interactive mode and display the progress of the task on your 5250 session)
Allow multiple threads . . . . . *YES
- It is important that only one utility act on a database at any given time. The maintenance utilities will cause corruption if multiple utilities run on the same database at the same time.
- If you leave the parameter section blank (without a database name) the program will run against all databases in the data directory.
- You may run fixup, updall, or compact together if they are submitted to run against three unique databases, servers, or directories.
- The detailed task activity can be monitored via the Domino console (WRKDOMCSL Server name)
- The job status can be monitored via the IBM i command WRKACTJOB
- Compact cannot be run with RUNDOMCMD if Run in Batch is set to *NO
- Compact cannot be run with RUNDOMCMD in Batch if "Allow Multiple Threads" is set to other than yes
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.