How to perform a clean installation of SmartSuite or Organizer
What are the steps to completely remove and reinstall Lotus SmartSuite® or Lotus Organizer®?
During normal troubleshooting, it is sometimes necessary to uninstall and reinstall programs to avoid conflicts with files from previous installations. To perform a clean install, the following steps are necessary:
NOTE: To ensure the safety of your SmartSuite applications data, make sure you have a current back-up of your data files. The procedures outlined in this document remove ALL traces of SmartSuite from your PC. By default, user input data is stored in the C:\lotus\work folder. In Windows XP, the default path may be C:\Programs\lotus\work. If you saved SmartSuite data files to other locations on your hard drive, be sure to back them up as well.
The steps in this procedure also apply to Organizer versions 97, 97 GS, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0.
IMPORTANT: If you are working in a Lotus Notes environment, this procedure must be modified. You must delete only the SmartSuite and/or Organizer references within the folders, NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF. If you are unsure which references to delete, call Technical Support for guidance.
A. Use the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel to uninstall the program
1. Remove any shortcuts to Organizer or any of the components of SmartSuite from your desktop.
2. In the system tray (lower right corner of the screen), right-click any SmartSuite/Organizer icons and shut down or exit the application.
3. On the Windows TaskBar, choose Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs.
4. Select a product to uninstall, in this case, SmartSuite, and click Add/Remove.
5. Close the Add/Remove Programs window and Control Panel.
B. Delete the shortcut files located in the Start menu
1. On the Windows TaskBar, choose Start --> Programs --> Startup.
NOTE: The following instructions are based on Windows 2000 Professional. If you are using a different version of Windows, the category names may vary slightly.
2. Select the appropriate folder or shortcut to remove. For example, to remove all SmartSuite shortcuts, select "Lotus SmartSuite" and then click Remove.
3. Click Close and OK.
NOTE: The information in this document is presented as a guideline for making changes within the Windows Registry. The Windows Registry is central to the operation of Windows, and any changes must be performed with care. As with any configuration change, it is highly recommended that customers have complete backups of computer systems and data files before attempting the following procedure, in order to facilitate recovery from system file corruption or other possible failures. IBM does NOT recommend that customers make changes to the Windows Registry without the assistance of Microsoft Technical Support. Further, customers who manually modify the Windows Registry may not be eligible for Microsoft Technical Support until Windows is reinstalled. Customers making changes to the Windows Registry do so at their own risk.
NOTE: If you are in a Notes environment, delete only the SmartSuite references within the folders, not the folder itself. If you are unsure which references to delete, please call Product Support for guidance.
1. On the Windows TaskBar, choose Start --> Run --> type "regedit" (without quotes) --> click OK.
2. Navigate to the following Registry keys:
NOTE: All Lotus products follow the same structure in the Windows Registry.
1. Using Windows Explorer, delete the Lotus directory from the local hard drive (usually C:/).
2. On Windows 2000 or XP, you must manually remove the Lotus Applications/SmartSuite folder from the following directories:
-- C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs folder
-- C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Startup.
E. Reboot the computer
F. Search the hard drive for any stray files
1. On the Windows TaskBar, choose Start --> Search --> Files or Folders.
2. In the field, "Search for files or folders named, type "Lotus" (without quotes) and click Search Now.
3. Delete all files you find. Remember, if you are in a Notes environment, call Technical Support for guidance.
4. Empty the Recycle bin.
5. Repeat the search, this time for "SmartSuite" (without quotes) and delete the files you find.
6. Empty the Recycle bin.
G. Shut down all Terminate Stay Resident (TSR) programs
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL --> Task Manager.
2. In the window, select a program and click End Task.
NOTE: Do not choose to close Explorer or Systray, if listed.
H. You MUST disable any anti-virus programs prior to install
NOTE: If you are on a network or using Windows 2000/ XP Professional, you MUST install as a user, not as an administrator. The exception would be if you do not have a user profile and simply always log in as administrator.
I. Reinstall the program.
Discussion forum for additional help
Discuss this information with your peers or post a question in the Lotus SmartSuite customer discussion forum.
|Messaging Applications||Lotus End of Support Products||Lotus Organizer for Windows||Windows||6.1|
More support for:
Lotus End of Support Products
Lotus SmartSuite for Windows
Software version: 9.0, 9.1, 9.5, 9.6, 9.7, 9.8
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1096343
Modified date: 2005-10-18